La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Sleepwalkers

Several of our girls are sleepwalkers and they have given me some frights this past year. One night I woke up to the sound of footsteps in the hall. I am not good with scary night noises, but being the responsible person that I am, I got up to check it out. I opened the door and peered out, but didn't see anyone. I quickly shut the door and returned to bed. As I was getting back into my bed, my door handle started to turn. In my head, I could hear the scary horror movie music. Still being the responsible dorm mother, I quickly rushed to the door and opened it to find Flor staring at me totally asleep. I quickly returned her to her bed and the next morning she remembered nothing.

Last night I heard the footsteps again. I listened to them until I thought I was going to go crazy and then I went to check it out again. I couldn't find anybody! Yeah, so then I tried to go back to sleep! :)

Anyway I am here in the office this morning, but I am not feeling that great. I think Alejandra gave me her stomach bug. I am hoping to do as much as I can before I ask Dean if I can take a nap.

La Gringa

2 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger quirky said…

    that sounds pretty freaky about door knobs slowly turning in the night. woo-ooooo!!! i'm dreadfully sorry that you seem to be getting sick. i do hope it goes away quickly. later!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Feanor said…

    I sleep walk when I'm stressed, maybe Flor is worried you'll change or something and is getting stressed about it. Don't get sick! So much depends on you! I'll pray for you, ok? TaTa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home