La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Way Too Long!

I can't believe I have been so remiss in posting. I'll just use the typical excuse that I have been very busy! Lame I know, but still true. :)

How do I even go into posting about all the things that have happened since my last post, which I think was about Katrina!

I guess I should just start from right now. Life is very busy here as we prepare for all of the kids to leave on vacations tomorrow. For various reasons, I am not going home this Christmas and waves of homesickness attack me. I will be leaving the Ranch to come home for a season in February, so it is not too bad knowing that I will see them all soon.

My baby, Jessica, is back at the Ranch and I am so enjoying having her here. She still calls me "Mommy Erin". DIF (Children's Protective Services of Mexico) has decided to let her return to her mom during the Christmas holidays. I am very afraid that her mom will take her and run and that we will never see her again. If you think about it, please be in prayer for her. She can now say several things in English: "Bony Hiney" (don't ask why!), "I love you Mommy", and "That's hilarious".

I am supposed to be posting my five weirdest habits, but I am having a hard time thinking of some at the moment. That can wait until later.

Anyway I guess that is all for now. Thanks go out to Evan for the "kick"!

La Gringa Loca

2 Comments:

  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Feanor said…

    Words from the darkness and mist of silence. Yay and chortles of joy follow, then sudden silence returns to oppress the absurd land of blogdom.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger quirky said…

    i wonder if people think that the things i write are as weird as yours evan..."darkness and mist of silence" to "yay and chortles of joy..." ???

    ANYWAY, i suppose this is cause for celebration since you posted again, erin! i look forward to hearing about your weird habits. :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home