La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Friday, January 21, 2005

Erin Saves The Day

Today was a very good day. I taught English today and my kids were relatively well behaved, and actually got a good bit of studying done today! I was quite pleased with everything.

After school I headed to the office to work on our end-of-year statements. I was still in my school uniform which consists of black dress pants, navy blue shirt (don't ask about the color scheme!) and black dress boots. The boys (Dean's boys) came rushing to tell me that there was a puppy on the roof. I knew which one it was, since the girls had dressed it up in a big frilly dress, poor thing! I don't know how the puppy got on the roof of the garage, but it was very high and the poor thing looked so scared as it attempted to get down. I couldn't let it stay up there, so being the superwoman I am, I started trying to get it down. First I stood in a wheelbarrow, but that was too low. I did succeed, however, in getting mud all over my pants and boots. Then I tried the option of a piece of scaffolding, but that didn't work either. The boys by this time were cheering "Ms Erin" on. Denise finally helped me get a ladder out of the garage and we propped it against the wall and courageous Erin climbed up only to discover the puppy was to scared to come down. I kept climbing higher and it kept backing farther away, until finally I made a desperate grab and secured one paw. I then backed down the ladder to a hero's welcome... for the puppy! Such is life!

Also today I bought a stove. It is a very happy occasion! I will finally be able to cook whenever I want. Leydi and I are both excited about polishing up our woefully unused cooking skills!!! :)

I am about to go home and have a pizza party with three of the little girls who helped me reorganize my room the other day. I wanted to do something special with them, and since they never get pizza I went and bought one to share.

That's enough for now,
La Gringa

1 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger quirky said…

    yo, what time's the pizza party? can i come?? awsome! i ate two greasy hamburgers for lunch AND dinner at the uc. they, uh, caused me some problems.

    you are such a courageous woman. well done on saving the poor puppy.

    later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home