La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Dilema and The Drama!

Last night was my night to have the guard with the girls. Typically we play or watch a movie, but last night was a little different.

First off, the same puppy that I rescued the day before has developed some sort of infection and Erick has been threating to kill it. Biri 2 was completely heartbroken, and cried for several hours before deciding to take action. She secretly took the puppy and hid it in one of her dresser drawers along with a little bag of beans from supper. Erick had been asking me if I had seen the puppy, but it seemed to have disapeared! When I went to put the girls in their pajamas, I discovered Biri 2 with the puppy. She immeadiately dissolved into tears and pleaded with me not to take it away from her. Remembering my own days of puppy love, I tried to be sympathetic as I explained that the puppy could not stay in the dorm. Leydi did the best of all though with her explanation that the puppy would be happier outside. Finally Matt came and helped me find a comfortable place for the puppy to be outside. That was the dilema of the night!

Second was the drama. Sometimes the girls like to put on plays typically with Christian themes for my entertainment. Last night was a big production. We had lights, music, a sheet painted to look like Heaven, and elaborate costumes complete with face paint. The general theme was about 3 young ladies (Cecy, Andrea, Areli) who lived with their grandmother (Flor). The Devil (Angelica) and his demons (Bere y Carla) tried to tempt them away from the things of the Lord with various worldly pleasures. In the end, Andrea shouted out "In the name of Jesus, leave" and the lights come on and the devil and his demons fall to the floor in various fetal positions. It was quite interesting and enjoyed by all.

Anyway I am here in Juarez again at an Internet cafe. Leydi and I came in again to buy uniforms and various other things. Leydi, her brother, and I have been wandering around Juarez all day.

Enough for now,
La Gringa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home