La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Another Soul for the Lord!

Praise the Lord! After much prayer and soul searching, Karla finally gave her heart to the Lord on Saturday! We had an evangelistic meeting for the town of Guadalupe and she told me that she was going to be ready to go forward at the altar call. When the time came, she took my hand and we walked down together. It was a big step for her as all the girls who torment her were there along with many of the population of Guadalupe. We knelt down at the front, and with tears streaming down her face she prayed the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard. She acknowledged her sin, repented, asked the Lord to save her, and then begin to plead for her family. There is no other joy like it. I sat there beside her and bawled and prayed for her life. God has really done a work in her and she is hungry for the things of God. She has been bugging me about studying the Bible with her so we are going to start tonight!

She is an encouragement to me in my battles with the other older girls. Satan is actively at work here and the spiritual battle only seems to intensify. Sometimes I feel drained and I run back to God and say "I have nothing more to give", and He reminds me that in my own strength of course I don't.

We had the college group here from Dean's church recently and they were such a blessing to me. I enjoyed just hanging out with young people who truly desire God and desire to be holy.

Anyway I need to start my office work.

Erin <><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home