La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Stuff!

Well there is a lot of stuff going on right now! The accountant is down here and she is going over our books as I sit by her side with bated breath hoping I got it all right!!! She is also prepping me to take over the rest of the office responsibilities that I don't already have. Dean would basically just approve and review what I do, but I would handle the rest. It is a big responsibility and there is the tendency to feel overwhelmed, but thank the Lord, He is giving me strength and understanding.

All the leaders are going on a retreat to the beach at Guaymas in July!!! I am so excited. We will be living in condos and enjoying just relaxing and the beautiful views. We can go whale watching, kayaking, snorkeling, and all kinds of other fun stuff. It is going to be just what we need to revive us in the middle of summer and with all the groups that are here.

We just finished up with our first group of pre-summer! It went pretty well. It was a group of young people (15-17) from Colorado. It's interesting to watch the diversity in a group. There were people who took initiative and people who didn't. Overall I enjoyed them, and the kids were thrilled to have so many people there to shower them with the attention that we don't always have time to give.

My good friend, Erica, is back visiting. Some of you know that she lived here for about 6 months and left in December. I am so enjoying catching up with her.

One thing that is worrying me right now is that my great- grandma, Nana, is in the hospital. She and I are extremely close. If you think about it, keep her in your prayers. She is one special lady.

Anyway that is enough for now,
La Gringa Loca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home