La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Water Fights & More

It has finally started and is my #1 sign that summer will soon be here. The spontaneous water fights are breaking out all over the place. Yesterday, Hermano Jorge started one that got everybody, even the group of Americans, slinging water everywhere. Since last summer, I have prepared very well and now have water shoes and my own bucket!!!! I was able to wreak some havoc along with the rest of them!!!! If this heat keeps up, I forsee water fights every day.

Yesterday at school went very well. The Lord gave me ideas faster than I could use them. In our English book we were doing a sequence (very hard to explain this book) on the Birth of Jesus, so I got the idea to divide 4th, 5th, and 6th grades up into separate teams and have them act it out. I gave prizes to the best team. It went really well. The kids were excited and they were learning English in what was to them entertainment!!!!

I have had a sweet American girl, Danielle, living with me for the past week. She has truly been a blessing. She has been coming to the Ranch since she was 12 and she is now 17. Her servant's heart is a shining example. She cooked breakfast and dinner every day for the American group, and believe me this group eats a ton.

Anyway speaking of food, Martina is cooking flautas today for the Americans and the kids and I told her I would help, so that is enough for now.

La Gringa Loca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home