La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Merry Late Christmas

Hello Again to all my friends:

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas!

I didn't get to go home this year, but I spent Christmas with my good friend Leydi and her family. It was a different type of Christmas, but I enjoyed it. They have their big Christmas dinner on the 24th which they call noche buena (good night literally). The 25th is the time to open gifts, etc... On the 24th we ate a delicious dinner of turkey, pechuga de pollo (chicken breast stuffed with chiles and cheese and wrapped in bacon), corn, lots and lots of jalapeƱos, some type of mexican pasta, and fruit with cool whip for dessert.

I have had a touch of the flu, but it is finally going away. Leydi and I are enjoying our vacations from the Ranch. We are here at the internet cafe in Juarez.

Anyway I could write more, but we have to go.

Happy New Year!

La Gringa Loca, Erin

1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read your blog and enjoyed it very much. Christmas was great but there was an empty chair and it was yours. The Christmas tree refused to come down on Christmas Day and insisted on staying until February. I think someone is coming home and the plans are to have Christmas in February for her. Hope all is well. Our 51st anniversary is coming up Sunday and it reminded me of all you did to make our 50th a success. You are missed and we pray for you always. Hurry home. We love you.
    MiMi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home