La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Reflections!

Ok, I am so happy to be able to post this morning! I am discovering that once I start blogging again it is easy to get addicted. I like being able to share my thoughts and experiences with all my non-exsistent readers! :)

Anyway I was thinking about many things yesterday, and realized that I haven't listened to any music in English in quite a while unless the girls put it on. For some reason the girls like to listen to music in English better than in Spanish. I have quite a number of cds now in Spanish and they are all I listen too. I know you won't know who these people are, but my favorite singers are Jesus Adrian Romero, Alex Campos, Lali Torres, Vertical, and Annette Moreno. It will be hard not having anyone to enjoy my music with when I go home. I am going to have to find some Spanish speakers, because my brothers and sister don't appreciate my Spanish music or me speaking in Spanish to them.

I love Spanish worship songs especially. They sound so beautiful. This is one of my favorites translated into English. It doesn't sound as pretty in English.

The only motive to live
Is you Lord
The only reason for my adoration
Is you Lord
My only truth is in you
You are my light and my salvation
My only love Is you Oh Lord
And Forever I'll praise your Name.

Chorus
You are all
Powerful
You are big and majestic
You are strong and invincible
There is no one like you.

Reflecting on music, I realized the influence Veggietales has on our lives! Yes, I know that sounds strange. I had never really watched Veggietales until I came to the Ranch. It is hilarious to hear our girls singing the silly songs with a very strong accent. They drove me crazy with the "Pizza Angel" song. They would even come and stand outside my door and sing it. We also like the "Where is my hairbrush" one. I sing that one to the girls when they are whining about how they always lose their brushes.

Last night to illustrate the bible lesson at church, Dean divided the kids into four groups and had them present it in drama form. It was quite funny. The lesson was about David when he was king, and he was looking for anyone left from Jonathan's family and he found the crippled son. I won't even attempt to spell his name at the moment. Coleman, Tita, Leydi, and I were the judges. I ended up voting for Hermano Jorge's group because they were just too funny. They put David (one of our 15 year old boys) in the role of David. He was absolutely hilarious. Instead of sitting regally on his throne, he sprawled out and put his legs up on the table. To call his servants he would be like "You, come here." When the crippled son finally came, he looked at him and said "What's up dude" (Que paso carnal?). You would have had to be there. I wish I had videotaped it.

We have done drams before. One time we had to choose a bible story and present it. Callan and I were in the group that chose the story of Lot. Someone wanted to be mean to us, so they put us in the roles of the townsmen who bang on the door and want the angels to come out. I could hardly do it without laughing. We had to shout out "We want the men" (Queremos a los hombres!)

Anyway last night, Coleman, Leydi, Tita, Joseylin, & I went and got a pizza at 9 at night. It was quite crazy. We stayed up till 11:00 just talking about life. I will miss these times when I leave.

Tomorrow is my day off!!!! Leydi and I are going to spend the whole day together doing whatever we want too! It will be great.

Since no one wanted to try and translate my Spanish sentences the other day, I'll try a trivia question. You can try and guess it, Caleb!!

What book is this from and who said it? My only clue is that it is also in the movie!

"And have you never known the pleasure and triumph of a lucky guess!"

Anyway I am off to Sams and Wal-mart today for groceries for the Ranch.

La Gringa Loca

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Yes dear brother

    You most certainly have seen this movie, and I really do have imaginary readers. Anyone could tell from the comments on your blog, however, that you have real live human beings reading it!

    La Gringa Loca

     

Post a Comment

<< Home