La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

La Vida Loca

Ok, so as my bro Caleb puts it I am having blog block as well. How to put into words all the things that have been happening in the last two days!

Well yesterday, I made breakfast and sorta burned the potatoes, but the kids still ate them and some even said they were good. After that I worked in my room for most of the day, because Dean was gone to New Mexico.

On Saturday, I had gone with Leydi to pick up her cousin and daughter who had just come in from Veracruz. The little girl, Yeraldi, is six and promptly stole my heart by giving me a big hug the moment she saw me, although, she had no idea who I was. She then proceeded to wrap me around her finger by calling me "mi guerrita" (literal translation is "my white one")! The mom is going to have go to work in the factories and there won't be anyone to care for Yeraldi in the day, so the mom decided to place her in the Ranch. They came yesterday to talk to Dean, and she was accepted.

I have never seen more tears shed as when mom and daugher were parted. It was the hardest thing the mom had ever had to do she told me. As I held Yeraldi while she sobbed, I couldn't imagine having to part from any child of mine. Yeraldi has managed to adjust though, and is now fitting in just fine with all the girls. She still has a special place in my heart and has taken to calling me "Tia" (aunt).

Anyway so today we have a group here who are fixing all the plumbing in the bathrooms of both the boy's and girl's dorms which is something that desperately needed to be done. I am out and about in Fabens running errands.

That's all for now,
La Gringa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home