La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Crazy Weekend!

This past weekend all the leaders (except me) went to a conference in Juarez. I had the fun job of staying with all our older girls. The little girls and little boys were here too, but the church in Juarez had said they would send some of their youth to take care of them.

Well on Friday night they did send some youth, three teenage boys! They were supposed to entertain our younger children. They were no match for Obed (5 years old), and various others of our kids, who seeing that the leaders were gone decided to take advantage of the situation by converting themselves into little maniacs. I finally took pity on them, and went over to the chapel to help them out. It was chaos! The 3 teens were really trying to do a good job and play games with our kids, but our kids were enjoying their new found freedom by going through several boxes of donations. After I had spanked several of them and put others in time-out, it finally settled down. I did appreciate the spirit of those boys. They really wanted to serve.

Later on some women from the church came to spend the night with the little girls, and the older girls and I were able to enjoy an all night talk fest/junk food consumption/ and movie night. I think we finally all went to bed at around 5:00 AM Saturday morning. It was a really wonderful time of bonding.

Danielle and Erica (young ladies who have served here before) are here for the week, and I am so enjoying their company. I really wasn't sure if I would see them again before I left in February. We stayed up Saturday night talking, so now I am really running on caffeine only! I need to get some rest.

I have 30 days and counting before I come home. I am excited that I will be able to see Joy in some horse shows, take Caleb and Josh to Boy Scouts, and reconnect with old friends. I am about 2/5 packed now.

Anyway it is time to get back to work,
La Gringa Loca

5 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow... sounds like a crazy time. and tons of fun too ;) wish I could have been there. tell the girls I miss them terribly!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Bree said…

    Uh oh, musn't make Caleb grumpy.

    I was told by an anonymous person that I should leave you a comment so I am!

    I have a friend who is going on a mission trip to Juarez during spring break. I thought that was kinda cool since that's where you are, right? Or there abouts.

    Anyways my name is Briana and I'm a new friend of your family. Let me just say....they're awesome.

    I bet everyone else is also counting down the days till you return. I hope the waiting time inbetween now and then is well spent and makes your excitement even greater.

    Untill next time~!
    Bree

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Joy to the World said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Joy to the World said…

    Hey Erin I am back and enjoying freedom. I was ungrouded yesterday and I got to play basket ball with everybody. It was super fun. Well I'm cruisen everybodies blogs to get reconnenected to the world so.
    Hasta la vista Sister

    (In Freedoms Cause)

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Leighanne said…

    Erin, better bow and scrape a little, maybe bring some kind of fantastic gift when you come. BEWARE THE WRATH OF STEFFEN.

    btw this is another friend of Joy's. (I'm in league w/ Briana)

    ~JC

     

Post a Comment

<< Home