La Vida Loca de La Gringa

The life of a 23 year old missionary who used to live at an orphanage in Mexcio, but is now trying to adjust to living back in the United States.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Yo gane! (I won!)

I am so excited! I finally beat my good friend, Leydi, at air hockey. I have tried for two years to beat her, and I never have until today, oh glorious day!

Today is one of the last Saturdays we will both have free before I leave (holding back the tears and trying not to think about it), so we are spending the whole day doing things we like. We played at an arcade, went to the movies, turned the music up really loud in my car, and are now at an internet cafe. We'll probably wander around the mall and then head to church for a youth service. I am so glad we can spend these last times together. They are very special.

Yesterday, Coleman and I went to Sams and Wal-mart to buy the groceries for the Ranch. It is always a huge amount of stuff. When I go alone, I look like a freak! We also bought a TV and VCR/DVD for the girls dorm. I wish you could have seen us loading the TV by ourselves. Finally, after fighting to get the old T.V. to work for a year we can watch a movie without it simply refusing to work or lines across the screen. Last night we watched "Ever After."

Here is the list of meat we bought yesterday at Wal-mart. This will be gone in 2 weeks. It fills more than one cart. This doesn't even include the Sams' list. By the time we were done, the entire back of our 15 passenger van was completely full.

18 bags of chicken leg quarters
16 big tubes of hamburger meat
40 pckgs of weiners
2 big things of cheese
6 enormous tube things of bologna

Anyway if anyone really does read this blog (besides my brother), even if I don't know you, please post a comment! I really want to hear from some of you out there in cyberspace. Hopefully I'll be seeing many of you in person soon as well.

Hasta luego,
La Gringa Loca

3 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger axegrinder said…

    you asked for a comment, so here it is. i am going to look over your site while at work this evening. i better be impressed (jk).

    i know it will be hard to leave R3M. you have born a faithful witness to Christ, the One who came to serve.

    blessings.

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Joy to the World said…

    Hey Erin
    I am glad you finally won a game against Leydi. That is good that your having one last saturday together before you leave. Can't wait for you to come home.
    Love you
    Sis.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Feanor said…

    I am here and still reading, looking forward to seeing you again in the somewhat near future. Also meat is good, I love meat, I love buying meat, I love looking at meat, I love smelling meat. I love blog posts about meat, suddenly I want to eat some meat. Goodbye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home